The broad riverbank of the Elbe to the opposite of the old town offers the most beautiful city panorama of Dresden. From Dresden-Neustadt you can take a walk to the "Palaisgarten" to the north and for the "Elbwiesen" to the south.
The "Palaisgarten" is situated on the river Elbe, between "Augustusbrücke" and "Marienbrücke" in front of the Japanese Palais. The French baroque garden was built in 1715 by "Jakob Heinrich Graf von Flemming", a high Saxon official.
The Elbe meadows between Johannstadt and Blasewitz were known by the new "Waldschlößchen Bridge", which was opened in 2013. Due to the construction of the bridge, the UNESCO deprived the "Elbe Valley" of the World Cultural Heritage title in 2009.
The "Volkspark Großer Garten" (Big Garden Park) is the largest park of Dresden with 147 hectares. The park in the style of an English landscape garden, has been layed out around a baroque palace.
Even though the Elbe valley has lost it's UNESCO World Cultural Heritage title, the Elbe Valley, between Dresden and Bad Schandau, is still one of the most beautiful river landscapes in Germany.