The "Limmat River" is the river flowing from Lake Zurich through the city center. Before the river flows into the Lake Zurich, it is called Linth. After about 40 km from Zurich, the Limmat flows into the Aare at the city of Brugg.
The opera house was opened in 1891, after the previous building burned down in 1889. The Viennese architects Fellner and Helmer had already drawn up a final design for the opera in Krakow (Austria now Poland) and were able to carry out there building in a very short time.
The name of the beautiful square "Münzplatz" Mint Square was given by the Augustinian church built in 1270, which was used as a mint after the Reformation. The Mint was used as church again by the roman Catholics in 1841.
The "Turbinenplatz" is the largest square in Zurich and the center of "Zürich-West", the hip quarter in the middle of old industrial buildings with new use.