The Fondation Louis Vuitton is a center for contemporary creations in the Bois de Boulogne. Architect of the cloud-like structure was the American architect Frank O. Gehry. The extraordinary building was opened in 2014.
Buildings by Frank O. Gehry:
The pedestrian bridge in the east of Paris spans from the National Library to the Parc de Bercy. The curved bridge of Dietmar Feichtinger was opened in 2006. The "Passerelle Simon Beauvoir" connects the river walk below with the promenade above. The bridge connects two sides of the river on two different levels.
The architects Jakob + MacFarlane transformed a warehouse on the River Seine into the center for fashion and design. A futuristic steel glass object was hung at the old concrete structure of the hall in 2008. "La Cité de la Mode et du Design" is like a bright, green parasite overgrowing the old building.
The Musee du quai Branly by Jean Nouvel was opened in 2006. The building consists of a curved glass façade which takes up the curvature of the nearby river Seine. Colored cubes stand out of the building and parts of the façade where planted (photo) by Patrick Blanc.
The former abattoir site was transformed into one of the largest parks of Paris in 1983. The Swiss architect Bernard Tschumi designed a park with 26 red cubes (Folies) standing on a grid in the park. The red "Folies" have different function, this one is used as a public cafe. Parc de la Villette
The housing project of Emile Aillaud consists of 18 towers, the tallest is 105 m high. The rounded facades are decorated with tiles, whose patterns and the shape of the floorplan reminds of clouds (French Nuages). The residential towers in Nanterre were completed in 1977.
Le Corbusier built the Villa for the family Savoye in 1931. The building is regarded as an icon of architecture. The transitions from indoor to outdoor areas make the house very special.
Buildings by Le Corbusier:
regiopia architecture guides